Fuck Distance..Be here

Follow your insticts!

Long time ago..

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Move on?

Well, I am not really sure why am I writing this. All i know is first year of uni is done and the second year is about to begin.( only if I pass chemistry of course-.-).
Being far away from home its not easy, but being in a foreign country is much more painfull than studying in your country! I dont know if eventually I will get through this, missing home is all I do. I am not saying that uni is not fun, it is.. but definitely not like Greece. I mean lets be honest nowhere is like Greece. However, at some point you need to comprise to the idea that you are alone, that you need to start fresh. Meet new people, get to know them and eventually have new friends. And what if you dont want to have new friends and you want the old ones? Obviously, you are not antisocial, you just dont want to make good friends cause you already have plenty of them back home. But you know what? Studying is all about growing up. Think abou it, it's the first time you will live alone, you will face adult responsibilities like pay the bills, cook, wash your clothes etc. No one will be here to give you an advice, of course your parents will always be there for you blah blah blah. They cant take decisions for you anymore, and when you make a wrong decision you will have to face the consequences all alone, they cant take responsibility for you anymore. THATS GROWING UP! Your old friends, if they are true friends, will always be by yourside, even if you are in the other side of the world. You will not get to see them everyday, spend aaaall day with them like you did in high school, but they will be always there for you and you will always love them no matter what. Moving on is hard, but you have your own life now, no one can decide for your life, your future but you! Life is a bitch ha? Yep, its a tricky bitch. But you have to get used to it and MOVE ON. Be ok with the idea that you are going to lose things from your best friend's uni life cause you are far away from her and that she will have to do the same, and start accepting that things change, you will change, she will change, your lives are changing and there is nothing to do about it. Yes, if you are lucky you might be in the same place after uni again but nothing is going to be the same. You will have to work,she will have to work, you will find someone that you'll spend your life with and visa versa. In my case, I know I am not going back to Greece after uni and I know that she is staying in Greece after uni, all of my friends are.. I just feel like I dont care anymore and sometimes its killing me,cause I know I love her and all of my friends more than anything and I dont want to move on even if they already did. But, I also know that there is nothing I can do anymore, it was my decision to study in Wales and I just have to face the consequences and try to make my life as better as I can.
University definitely matures you..! ( I dont even know if you can say "it matures you" ). My perfect English!
aaaand we move on,right??

No comments:

Post a Comment